FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS BANGALORE
CELEBRATION MYSORE 30K, ½ MARATHON,10K & 6K RUN:
- Date : Friday, 7th & Saturday, 8th September, 2018.
- Timing :
- Friday, 7th September, 2018: 1 pm – 8 pm
- Saturday, 8th September, 2018: 11 am – 8 pm
- Venue : Decathlon Store, Opp. Mysore Milk Dairy, Siddhartha Nagar, Mysore
The racer kit will include the following :
- Participant Information Document
- BIB with Timing Chip (for 30K, Half Marathon & 10K Run Participants)
- BIB for 6 Kms Run / Walk participants
- Safety pins
- Breakfast Coupon
- Event T-Shirt
- To collect the racer kit, do produce the registration confirmation mail/ receipt or SMS received with Bib No for 30K, Half Marathon & 10K Run participants.
- A valid Photo ID Proof (DL / Pan Card / Passport/ Aadhaar / Voters ID or any ID proof issued by the government.
- If you are collecting the racer kit on behalf of another participant, do get an authorization letter and the Photo ID Proof of the participant.
- One can show the Registration confirmation mail on the phone/devices and can produce the original copy of the Photo ID proof. Printouts can be avoided to reduce wastage of resources.
- It is mandatory to display the BIB on the chest on the event day.
- There will not be any other location for distribution of Racer kits.
- Racer kits will not be distributed on the event day morning at the venue.
- Yes, you can have a friend pick up the race packet for you.
- The person picking up the race packet for you must bring your registration confirmation email or payment receipt, a copy of your valid Photo ID and a note authorising that person to pick up the race packet on your behalf.
The race starting timings are as follows:
- Reporting time for 30K Run : 5.00 AM
- Line-up shall start at : 5.20 AM
- Race start time : 5.30 AM
- Reporting time for Half Marathon : 5.30 AM
- Line-up shall start at : 5.55 AM
- Race start time : 6.00 AM
- Reporting time for 10K : 5.30 AM
- Line-up shall start at : 6.10 AM
- Race start time : 6.15 AM
- Reporting time for 6K : 6.00 AM
- Line-up shall start at : 6.35 AM
- Race start time : 6.40 AM
30K Run: 18 yrs – above, Half Marathon & 10K: 16 yrs – above, 6 Kms Run / Walk: 10 yrs – above.
NO prizes are announced at this point in time.
Registrations are NOT TRANSFERABLE
Yes, the Celebration Marathon does get participants from all over India. We look forward to our running friends from other states coming to enjoy our event.
Normally during this time of the year the temperatures are in 22 – 32 degree Centigrade.
There shall be baggage counter open to store some of your items. Please do not leave behind valuable in the stored bag. Organizer of the race are not responsible for the loss of any items.0
Yes, there is parking available at Mysore palace. Parking will be available opposite to Mysore palace
Yes, it will be mentioned on the course map that will be provided in your racer kit.
Yes, you can run for a cause. The official cause of this year’s event will be announced shortly. However, you may choose your own cause like many of the runners who have registered.
Aid station shall be serving water at all station. Some selected station along the route will be serving electrolytes, fruits and other items.
RFID timing technology is being used to record time. Timing chips shall be provided to Half Marathon and 10K participants to monitor their time.
Yes, for the most part the traffic will be closed during the race.
Yes, there will be Medical assistance provided along the route of the race and at the finish area. Apollo BGS Medical personnel will be manning each of the medical station. The medical station is staffed by doctors and nurses.
There will be no official time recorded after 4 hours from the start of the race. That is, the timing collection cut-off is at 10.30AM. Runners/walkers will be notified at approximately an hour before at 9.30AM if they are not on track to meet the requirement. At that point, the runner can either choose to utilise their own transport back to the finish area, or may continue as a pedestrian without assistance. Aid stations, traffic control, volunteers, etc. will relinquish their posts based upon the 4 hour completion time.
Yes, there will be a sweep of the last runner/walker until he/she cross the finish line. Runner/walker will be notified of the 4hour cut off time at 9.30AM if they are on track to complete the race within 10.30 hours.
Besides the medal distribution for Half Marathon and 10K runners/walkers, there will be aid station serving water and light refreshments for all runners/walkers. The participants can take advantage of the medical tent at the finish area.
There is no provision to cancel and refund the fee once the registration process is complete and is confirmed.